A clean office environment can have a significant impact on your employee’s behaviour, motivation, and productivity.
Not only this but walking into a clean office also creates a great impression of your business.
Keeping workers happy and increasing your professionalism to the outside world.
However, there are places within an office environment that can often be overlooked. Just because these areas are often “out of sight” doesn’t mean that dust and dirt aren’t building up.
Professional UK commercial cleaning companies can, of course, carry out a full analysis of your office environment. Devising a comprehensive checklist tailored to you.
In this post, we also provide a clear list of the most forgotten areas so you can make sure they get put on your regular cleaning agenda.
- Kitchen Equipment – and to narrow it down, by this we mean the microwave! Within communal kitchen areas, the microwave can often be the most used piece of equipment. Yet surprisingly, it is also the one area that can be forgotten about when it comes to cleaning. Making sure all spills are cleared away frequently helps to prevent any, and further, bacteria from building up. It also helps to eradicate lingering and nasty smells too!
- Light fittings, including ceiling fans, can often be overlooked as they’re not always in everyone’s line of sight. Also light fittings are also harder to reach, making them more difficult and more of an effort to clean. However, just because you can’t see the dust building up, doesn’t mean it’s not happening.
- Bulky Furniture – within many commercial properties now you might find bulkier furniture in waiting areas or within meeting rooms, etc. At first glance, these pieces of furniture might seem clean and tidy on the surface, but dirt, dust, and an all manner of debris can still build up around and underneath such pieces. Regularly maintaining these areas can help avoid such situations from occurring and further problems arising. Cubicle partitions also fall within this category too. Often forgotten but made of similar fabric to your other office furniture, cubicle partitions can be a hive for germs to reside and grow if not cleaned and wiped down frequently.
- Stair Rails – where the biggest build-up of germs and bacteria lie, spreading throughout offices like wildfire if not regularly cleaned. Disinfecting these areas daily will help to keep on top of any harmful bacteria that may be lurking.
- Computers and Keyboards – we’ve all done it…. grabbed lunch at our desks, had the odd sugary sweet, spilt a little coffee over a couple of keys of the keyboard…. all causing a build-up of grime and leading to harmful bacteria growing. Also, with keyboards and computers, if someone within your office has a cold, for example, using the same keyboard or computer without wiping down the keyboard with disinfectant first increases the chances of germs and bacteria spreading. Reduce the risk of staff becoming unwell and make sure your commercial cleaning services include computer and keyboard cleaning!
- Vents and Heating systems – regularly cleaning these areas to stop dust from building up prevents germs and bacteria being pushed back out into the office environment.
- Telephones – just like computers and keyboards, germs can be passed around at high speed just by using someone else’s telephone. Making sure that phones are wiped down and cleaned properly is the best way to avoid bacteria being passed around your office.
- Curtains and Blinds – your window cleaner might do the rounds regularly but how often do you clean your curtains and blinds? Often curtains will be neglected until a stain appears on them, leaving dust and grime to build up within their fibres. Blinds, however, collect dust very easily and can start to look dull very quickly if not regularly cleaned and maintained.
Create a cleaner and healthier work environment with Clear Choice Ltd.
Taking the time to know your office needs and taking into account all of the nooks and crannies that may sometimes be forgotten about will help you to create a much cleaner and happier work environment.
Improving overall performance and ensuring your staff’s health and well-being is Clear Choice’s top priority. Working with you to provide the best Commercial Cleaning, Leeds, we’re the go-to commercial cleaning company throughout Yorkshire.
Call now on 01132 711432 or visit our homepage to learn more!