An office cleaning checklist helps to outline the service that will be delivered to you, with complete flexibility in knowing that things can, of course, be added and removed as and when necessary.
Many professional office cleaning companies provide a range of services; however, you won’t need all of these services every day, even every week, hence working with your cleaning company to decide on what cleaning needs to be carried out and when is essential – drawing up a comprehensive cleaning checklist that is suited to your business and your cleaning needs.
Every business is different, and at Clear Choice, we understand this. That’s why we tailor our cleaning checklists to suit, providing complete flexibility in our offer and an understanding that on occasion, things can and do change.
Ultimately office schedules are typically broken down into daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks.
In this post, we look at some of the standard cleaning tasks carried out on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
Office Space/Reception/Lobby Areas
- Dust and wipe down any surfaces, including desks, reception desks, coffee tables, worktops, etc.
- Vacuum all floors, including entrance mats, getting into all corners and underneath desks. Mopping and sweeping should be carried out, depending on the floor type in question
- Remove all visible cobwebs
- Empty all bins and replace bin liners
- Remove, wash, and dry crockery and put away in the most appropriate places
- Make sure to remember to wipe clean and disinfect all door handles and doorknobs.
- Bleach and clean toilet bowls, taps and sinks with appropriate materials
- Wash and disinfect floors
- Sanitise and clean toilet seats, cisterns, and exteriors
- Replenish toilet rolls, hand sanitisers, and any other products as specified
- Clean all mirrors.
- Wash and clean sink areas and draining boards
- Put away all crockery back in their appropriate places
- Clean kitchen appliances such as microwaves, kettles, etc.
- Replenish kitchen towels, hand washes, and washing up liquids, etc
- Empty all bins and dispose of waste appropriately
- Hoover/mop floors
- Dust all surfaces – computers, light fittings, radiators, wall hangings, etc
- Wipe down skirting boards, cupboard doors, painted surfaces
- Clean walls and ceilings
- Polish glass, mirrors and metallic surfaces
- Buff hardwood surfaces
- Refill soap dispensers
- Deep clean kitchen appliances
- Clean all windows and rid them of any sticky fingerprints
- Sanitise popular items such as photocopiers, printers, telephones, etc
- Vacuum fabric chairs
- Check and clean vents
- Polish and maintain hardwood floors
- Place an air fragrance spray in bathrooms to remove any unpleasant odours and change this monthly
Recommendations for staff cleaning
Employees should also take responsibility for cleaning certain aspects of office space too. This includes cleaning:
Computers, mouse, and keyboard. These three items alone can harbour more germs than what you will find on a toilet seat!! Disgusting, we know! Using anti-bacterial wipes and sprays as often as possible, as well as not eating food over your keyboard, will help to resolve this germ infestation.
Drawers. Employees tend to keep everything and anything in their desk drawers, so it’s important every now and then to have a clear out. Getting rid of the clutter and making sure that if you keep any food or snacks in there, you don’t keep them in your drawer too long!
Telephones. It’s important to clean headsets regularly with antibacterial wipes. Especially important if you share handsets!
An Office Cleaning Company you can trust
Regular office cleans a necessary must to help keep dust, dirt, and grime at bay.
Sticking to a list helps to ensure that everything you need to be covered and cleaned, is, covered and cleaned.
Keeping an office that is dirt and dust-free is essential for your employee’s health. A germ-free and more hygienic office environment can result in fewer sick days, a more presentable company image, and an increase in job satisfaction.
At Clear Choice, we work with a checklist of activities and regularly communicate with our clients, providing you complete peace of mind and knowledge that your cleaning needs are taking care of, and everything that you require has been ticked off the list.
Call us on 01132 711 432 to find out more.