Knowing the difference between builders clean and domestic cleaning means starting off knowing just what these cleans actually involve.
Let us get started!
A builder’s clean definition, in its simplest form, typically involves cleaning throughout building projects and ending in a thorough clean once the project/work has been completed.
A domestic clean, however, involves a light clean to domestic properties on a regular basis.
But what are builders clean exactly?
The building trade is a very messy business and building projects until they are 100% complete bring an unbelievable amount of mess in terms of dirt and debris etc.
This makes a good and professional clean essential at the end of all work and building projects so that the finished job looks presentable.
However, and we can’t emphasize this enough, the final builders clean should only be carried out when the area in question is free from all trades and clear of any building materials and equipment.
Difference between builders cleaning and domestic cleaning
There are a number of differences between the two types of clean, and these include: –
- Different sized areas. Cleaning commercial premises is often a bigger job when compared to a residential home, for example, so it will take more time and potentially more manpower.
- Commercial cleaning is primarily done by cleaners who belong to a professional cleaning company, due to the efficiency and timesaving it can provide.
- You will find different cleaning tools and equipment required for commercial cleans compared to residential cleans For example, for commercial premises, you will find huge floor polishers instead of your everyday vacuum cleaner. Choosing the right equipment means adapting to your environment, i.e., domestic cleaning will require simpler devices for cleaning smaller spaces, whereas larger machinery will be needed for large areas such as hospitals, hotels, office blocks, etc.
- Meeting specific standards/requirements. Commercial cleaners have to meet certain health and safety standards, with every company having their own unique cleaning procedures and processes. These procedures and processes will be different for each commercial clean and business.
- Needs cleaning vs. wants cleaning. Commercial businesses need to be cleaned to a certain standard to meet health and safety expectations; however, domestic cleans don’t have to abide by the same rules and instead simply have to meet the standards of the homeowner.
How to ensure a top-quality builder clean
- Make sure all floors are vacuumed cleaned or mopped appropriately. If any stubborn paint or plaster has fallen onto floors, this should be scrubbed clean and polished to perfection. Ideally, when it comes to carpets, these should be treated and washed, and all trades should wear shoe canvasses while work is being carried out.
- All surfaces and shelving units should be wiped down, and this includes the inside and outside of any cupboards too. Unfortunately, dust hovers in the air for a while before eventually settling on surfaces, so as much as we try, dust in this sense will continue to settle for some time after the work has been completed.
- Check all high-level fittings, i.e., light fittings, extractors, etc. Wiping these clean, helping to remove and take care of any dust that has settled here.
- Windows are the toughest challenge. When building work is being carried out, windows and glazing are the most affected areas. Cleaning all glass using traditional window cleaning methods and wiping clean will help to achieve a smear-free shine and a window you can see clearly out of!
- External gutters, facias, and soffits etc. should also be cleaned and washed down, with all balconies and driveways swept clear – it’s all about being presentable.
The scope of any clean will, of course, depend on the requirements of the customer. Working to the various needs and specifications is what Clear Choice does best.
Benefits of builders clean
- Adaptable to suit a range of requirements
- Can be carried out, outside of main site hours
- Helps prevent hazards
- Improves hygiene
- Makes sites presentable
- Gives attention to all areas
If you’re in need and looking for a reliable, experienced, and thorough builders cleaning company, speak to Clear Choice today, and we can arrange a schedule of work that meets your requirements.
We provide full risk assessments, use the most suitable equipment, and pay attention to every detail.
Call us now on 01132 711 432 to find out more.