With an increase in home renovations and new builds, the requirement for builders cleans, or after builders clean has increased two-fold.
But what are builders clean, and how do you know if you need one?
When we talk about general domestic cleaning, this can be thought of as a regular, light clean, carried out in a domestic property regularly.
Whereas builders clean is what is classified as a thorough clean carried out at the end of a building project, i.e., an intensive clean of your premises once all building work has finished.
Dirt and dust can get into the unlikeliest places; however, with Clear Choice’s years of experience, we know all the tricks of the trade!
When we start to look at what is included in a builder’s clean in more depth, it’s best if we start at the very beginning.
Builders Clean Definition
A builders clean is a specific type of cleaning service that is provided after home construction or home renovations have taken place.
These are one-off detailed cleans, covering every inch of your home if required.
The building, and any kind of construction work, for that matter, is a messy job. From plasterers to bricklayers, painters, and more, a certain amount of mess, dirt, and debris can soon start to build up.
Typically, at the end of any building work, a clean will be scheduled to ensure that the new property or refurb is presentable and looking as good as it should.
Areas included in a builder’s clean include:
- Windows and windowsills
- Skirting boards
- Carpets and flooring
- Dust and debris removed
- Odours removed
Professional cleaners in this capacity work effectively, efficiently, and to a very high standard.
Builders Cleaning Services, Huddersfield
Builders clean must be carried out when all work is complete, and all tradespeople and materials are no longer in the property. This means all rubbish and debris should be removed before the clean gets underway.
Floors should be vacuumed, mopped, and polished where appropriate, and carpets (if they haven’t been protected) should be treated and washed.
All shelves and surfaces will require wiping down, with all cupboards, inside and out, cleaned thoroughly. Mirrors, frames, light fittings, etc., will all need polishing, as unfortunately, dust does linger in the air before settling – hence re-cleans and another quick once over may also be required.
Windows should be cleaned using a microfibre cloth to ensure a smear, streak-free shine.
Externally, fascias and gutters on new builds will be washed down, with driveways and paths swept clear.
If we break each room down specifically:
Bathroom cleaning includes:
- Deep cleans of all bathtubs, showers, sinks, and toilets
- Deep clean of the bathroom floor
- Cleaning of window interiors, both glass and frames
- Cleaning of all fixtures, including polishing mirrors, etc
Bedroom cleaning includes:
- Deep clean of all entry doors and passages
- All windows cleaned including frames
- Cleaning of light fixtures and fittings
- Cleaning of shelves and wardrobes (including internal)
- Deep clean of fittings including, skirting boards, light switches, cleaning all door handles and doors
- Vacuum floors
Kitchen cleaning includes:
- Deep clean of all entry doors and passageways
- Cleaning of kitchen cupboards both inside and out
- Clean all kitchen appliances (big and small)
- Wipe down all worktops and surfaces
- Clean all windows, including glass and frame
- Vacuuming, mopping or polishing the floor as required.
Other areas of a home such as a hallway, stairway, living areas, etc. should also be cleaned with the highest standards and include:
- Cleaning of all entry doors and passages
- Cleaning all light fixtures
- All surfaces and furniture should be wiped down, including fireplaces and chimney breasts
- Window interiors should be cleaned thoroughly
- Floors to be vacuumed, polished
- All remaining fixtures to be cleaned.
These lists are not exhaustive, and the work carried out during an after builders clean does vary, and at Clear Choice, we work with the specifications and requirements of our clients.
Who can benefit from builders clean?
Anyone in either a domestic or commercial setting can benefit from builders cleaning services, including:
- Property developers
- Private builders
- Restoration companies
- Project Managers
- And more!
If you’re looking for professional builders cleaning services in Huddersfield and would like to know more, call Clear Choice today on 01132 711432.
When should a builders clean be carried out?
At Clear Choice, we recommend that builders clean is carried out no less than four days after work has been completed – allowing for the dust to settle as much as possible beforehand.
All of our cleaning operatives also use the latest equipment and state of the art technology to provide the best job possible.
From commercial office cleaning to domestic builders cleans in Huddersfield, Clear Choice specialise in it all.
If you’ve previously been let down by the quality of your builders clean, call Clear Choice now on 01132 711432 and see how we can help you.