Are you coming to the end of a big construction project, and you’re now looking at the immense amount of cleaning that needs to be carried out so that everything looks not only presentable but liveable?
At Clear Choice Ltd, we understand these situations all too well. And we also know that you’ll be looking for a quick turnaround, a professional job, all at the most competitive prices.
That’s why we use our experience of construction cleans to make sure that every square inch of your project is not only immaculately cleaned, but it is also safe and ready to use asap.
We’re flexible in our approach, allowing you to customise the cleaning service we can provide to you, and in this post, we look at the steps we follow for post-construction cleaning and just precisely what this involves.
Steps to post-construction cleaning
This is the first step in Clear Choice’s process. Looking ultimately at removing and carrying out a first clean of the area and removing all construction debris and dust, wiping away any paint or plaster spills, removing all rubble and any tools or equipment that has been left behind, etc.
Windows, glass doors, and glass panels are also cleaned at this stage, along with all frames and sills.
This can also be known as the `final` clean, going into much more depth now that the `thick` of the mess has been removed. Re-cleaning glass windows as well as all surfaces where dust has potentially had the chance to resettle.
Areas to pay particular attention to at this stage include cabinets (cleaning both inside and out, as well as the tops), all fixtures and fittings (including light shades, light switches, door frames, mouldings, skirting boards, etc.), and floors (including any wall tiling too).
Top up clean
A top-up clean is often required as part of a construction cleaning project because dust can linger in the air and can take a few days to settle on surfaces etc. Because of this, we’d advise wiping down all surfaces again as well as removing any smudges and fingerprints that may have surprisingly appeared.
What’s involved in post builders cleaning
- Removal of all rubbish, debris, tools, and equipment, etc. Clearing the area thoroughly, making sure that all trades have finished, there are no tools or pieces of equipment left behind, etc. should be a top priority. Removing all rubbish and large pieces of debris is essential, as often things like this won’t be able to be picked up by a vacuum or could cause further damage and hazards while carrying out other elements of the clean.
- Wall washing. Yes, this is a thing, and after a large construction project, it can be quite a big task. Dry dusting is what we would ideally recommend, helping to remove any dust and debris off the ceilings and walls without damaging surfaces. For more stubborn marks, a damp microfibre towel can be used. However, it’s essential to check the paint on the walls and if this would be suitable and not cause further damage. Vacuuming around mouldings and hard to reach areas should also be considered to ensure all areas are covered.
- Cleaning! The main part of construction cleaning is just that, cleaning. Wiping down and cleaning all surfaces starting at the top and making sure to include all counters and worktops, shelving units, door frames, windowsills, even handles, and doorknobs! Every nook and cranny should be cleaned and to the highest of standards.
- Vacuuming, mopping, and sweeping. To coincide with the cleaning, floors should be polished to perfection. However, and we can’t emphasize this enough, make sure you use the right equipment for the right type of flooring.
- Glass cleaning. Glass windows and doors can be severely affected by construction work. Using traditional window cleaning products and a little bit of elbow grease will help to make windows sparkle once more.
- Don’t forget the fixtures and fittings. Things such as lights, electronic devices, and any decorative pieces that can also gather dust will also need attention!
Construction cleaning focuses on preparing areas to a high standard, which are then presented to the end customer.
If you don’t have the time or indeed the energy to deal with the mess after construction, don’t panic, call the experts at Clear Choice today and let us help you.
Working with you, our team always goes above and beyond to exceed your expectations.
Call us today for a no-obligation quote on 01132 711 432.
Read the next article: How to choose builders cleaning subcon